Starting at: Penge East
• Take the Southeastern to Herne Hill
• Change at Herne Hill Rail Station
• Take the Thameslink to Farringdon
• Change at Farringdon Rail Station
• Take the Metropolitan line or Circle line to Liverpool Street
• Change at Liverpool Street Underground Station
• Take the Central line to South Woodford
• Change at South Woodford Underground Station
• Take the 179 bus to Chingford Station
• Change at Chingford Station
Arrive at: Chingford
Journey time between Penge East and Chingford averages at 83 minutes
Stations passed through from Penge East
- Sydenham Hill Rail Station
- West Dulwich Rail Station
- Herne Hill Rail Station
Ticket price information
Fares between two stations may vary depending on the direction of travel, time of day and day of the week.
We charge higher fares at the busiest times of the day (usually between 06:30 and 09:30, and between 16:00 and 19:00, Monday to Friday).
When you pay as you go, you must touch your contactless or Oyster card on a yellow reader at the start and end of your journey.
Some journeys are charged via Zone 1 regardless of the route taken.
If your journey avoids Zone 1 and you see a pink card reader when changing trains, touch your contactless or Oyster card on it to pay the right fare.
Return journey: Chingford to Penge East
Note, the results are provided by TfL Open Data, but you should check before travelling in case of disruptions.
Buy mainline railway tickets
Latest journey planner searches
Home > Journey planner > Penge East > Chingford