This event has finished Took place on: Thursday, 8th Feb 2018
In 2018 we are marking 100 years since women in Britain were allowed to vote for the first time. Driven by the suffragist and suffragette movements, this was a major step towards equal voting rights for all women and men, achieved in 1928. London Transport Museum and Transport for London are hosting a Late Debate to recognise this momentous period in history. Join us for a festival of talks, debates, immersive experiences and workshops. Celebrate women’s contribution to society over the past 100 years and debate the progress we are making towards equality in the 21st century.
LATE DEBATE: Women of the Future will include a whole range of debates, talks and workshops:
• Keynote welcome from Justine Simons, OBE Deputy Mayor, Culture and the Creative Industries
• All aboard for Equalia! – take a journey to the gender-equal future with Catherine Mayer, author and co-founder of the Women’s Equality Party
• Discuss driving gender equality in expert packed panel debates and discussions
• Get serious about feminism – with queer comedy collective, The LOL Word
• Enjoy a PechaKucha of dynamic presentations on the portrayal of women
• Head to our 1918 classroom to brush up on your women’s rights and feminist facts, with Claire Kennan, Citizens 800 Project at Royal Holloway, University of London
• Get creative in a playful twist on bra-burning, with feminist underwear designer Buttress and Snatch
• Network in the futures marketplace - meet our cherry-picked selection of girl power organisations and enjoy a drink in the pop-up bar
• Explore the museum after hours, including Poster Girls – a century of art and design – a powerful exhibition which reveals the contribution female graphic designers have made to poster design over the last one hundred years.
Please note event is suitable for 18+ only
Get a 20% discount on your ticket with the code Earlybird8 before 8 January
Contact and Booking Details
More information at this website.
Reserve tickets at this website or telephone 020 7565 7298.2018-02-08 2018-02-08 Europe/London Late Debate: Women of the future To mark the 100 year anniversary of women gaining the right to vote, London Transport Museum and Transport for London are hosting a festival-style Late Debate to celebrate women, discuss the state of gender equality today, and explore current feminist issues. Join us for talks, debates, and workshops. Network at our pop-up bar and explore the collection after hours - including the special exhibition 'Poster Girls - a century of art and design' showcasing transport posters by female artists from the last one hundred years. https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/calendar/2018/02/08/late-debate-women-of-the-future-159628 London Transport Museum,Covent Garden Piazza, London, London,