This event has finished Took place on: Wednesday, 29th Nov 2017
Fantastic, frightening, or simply overdue: Emerging technologies are going to reshape the way we live, work and travel, whether we like it or not.
Explore what's on the tech horizon in this London Transport Museum Late Debate.
From driverless cars and delivery drones to apps, maps and virtual reality - will technology evolve to better suit our needs or advance faster than our human capabilities?
A festival style event offering debates, immersive experiences, talks, and workshops. Brainstorm your own innovations, meet inventors and judge their ideas. Enjoy a bar, interactive demonstrations, and the chance to see exhibitions at night.
Talks, debates and workshop include:
- Panel debate exploring if London is ready for the fourth industrial revolution.
- Dragons Den style debate, sharing new and emerging technologies.
- Quick-fire PechaKucha of six dynamic presentations on mapping and wayfinding.
- Geoff Marshall and Vicki Pipe sharing their 'All the Stations' adventure.
- HackPartners workshop, with a chance to win Hidden London Tour tickets for 2018.
- Talk by neuroscientist Kate Jeffery on how technology is affecting our brains.
- Talk and workshop with Dr Maxwell Roberts on Harry Beck's map in the digital age.
- A chance to get creative and build your own moving robot.
- Interactivities and stands offering the chance to meet inventors, start-ups and experts, explore innovative ideas, cutting edge products and dynamic demonstrations.
- Explore the museum after hours and enjoy a drink at the pop-up bar.
Contact and Booking Details
More information at this website.
Reserve tickets at this websiteEurope/London Late Debate: Technology and the future From driverless cars and delivery drones to apps, maps and virtual reality – will technology evolve to better suit our needs or advance faster than our human capabilities? https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/calendar/2017/11/29/late-debate-technology-and-the-future-152605 London Transport Museum,Covent Garden Piazza, London, London,