6:45 pm - 10:00 pm
An evening of circuit training for the brain at London Transport Museum’s second Late Debate which takes place on the evening of Thursday 13 October. Guests will have a choice of a range of interactive debates and workshops, as well as a bar, music and the Museum’s latest Designology exhibition.
Debates and talks
The Late Debate will feature leading industry experts who will go beyond the surface across four keynote talks and debates:
· Design on the Street: Join five industry insiders to find out how they address the challenges faced when designing for the urban realm, from connecting and greening our communities to futuristic digital street furniture.
· The Big ‘Surface’ Issue: In this debate the audience become dragons in a den of leading industry experts, whose challenge is to identify and provide solutions to the big issues surrounding surface design today.
· River Revival: Head to our Cubic cinema and take a journey along the River Thames with Pat Brown, Associate Professor Landscape and Urbanism, Kingston University, London. Have your say in the Port of London Authority’s visionary projects taking place to encourage a river revival, then get creative in a fun ‘build a boat that floats’ workshop.
· Mode Matters: Only 100 years ago we were still heavily reliant on horses. London’s transport modes have clearly come a long way, but what will the next 100 years look like on our roads? During this interactive debate guests will quiz engineering, environmental and vehicle experts to find out.
Workshops and tours
As well as debates and talks there will also be other interactive sessions and workshops, giving participants the chance to explore and create as well as enjoy the Museum and network with other guests.
· Map your knowledge: Work with Laura Knight, a graphic designer and creator of ‘Visualising the Knowledge’ – a project exploring the taxi drivers’ “degree of London” – to map your collective knowledge of London’s surface.
· Architectural model building: Meet the Transport for London (TfL) Architects responsible for designing some of London’s innovative bus stations, explore architectural drawings, and have a go at model making with state of the art 3D printing
· Build a boat that floats: Get creative and try your hand at
building a boat that floats using every day and recycled objects.
· 18:45 Doors open – buy drinks and take part in ongoing interactive sessions
· 19:15 Debates start
· 20:00 Workshops – head to the bar, get involved in interactive sessions, network and explore the Museum
· 20:45 Second round of debates / talks start
· 21:30 Workshops – head to the bar, get involved in interactive sessions, network and explore the museum
· 22:30 Late Debate closes
Contact and Booking Details
More information at this website.
Reserve tickets at this website
https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/calendar/2016/10/13/late-debate-at-london-transport-museum-112301 London Transport Museum, Covent Garden Piazza, London, London, WC2E 7BB DD/MM/YYYY