This event has finished Took place on: Friday, 22nd Mar 2013
London's only free working telescope observatory is open every Fri/Sat event during the winter months with volunteers on hand to show off the night sky.
PLEASE REMEMBER THE FOLLOWING POINTS:
(1) The Observatory will only be open IF THE SKY IS CLEAR. Don't expect it to be open if it is cloudy or raining/snowing!
(2) You do NOT have to BOOK - just turn up.
(3) Unfortunately there are no toilet facilities at the Observatory.
(4) As the Observatory was built in the Victorian era, sadly there is no wheelchair access.
(5) Remember to wear warm clothing and footware as it can get very chilly!
6) Please do NOT use flash photography in the Observatory as this destroys night vision.
Cost: Free of Charge
Contact and Booking Details
More information at this website.
No need to book tickets - just turn up on the day.Europe/London See the stars through the Hampstead Observatory Telescopes London's only free working telescope observatory is open every Fri/Sat event during the winter months with volunteers to show off the night sky https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/calendar/2013/03/22/see-the-stars-through-the-hampstead-observatory-telescopes-22307 English Heritage Plaque - Besant, Sir Walter (1836-1901),Frognal End, Frognal Gardens, Hampstead, London,Hampstead ,London