If you’ve ever wanted to drive a train along the UK’s first high-speed rail line, then a new route release for Train SIM World 2 will excite you.
Dovetail Games latest release adds a new 51-mile route from London’s King’s Cross St. Pancras to Faversham, joining the lines that serve Gravesend, Medway and beyond.
On the train simulator, you’ll be taking commuters to and from work using the TVM430 signalling system on HS1, and with the line able to reach 140mph, experienced train simulator drivers will still need to get used to coming into stations correctly.
There’s the full 14 stations along the route included, and a range of timetables.
As for the trains, they will be a choice of BR Class 395 EMU, with 10th anniversary branding, or a Trainbow variant, or the BR Class 375/9 EMU in Southeastern Dark Blue.
It possibly not a surprise that Dovetail Games added the HS1 line to their line up of train simulators, as the company is based in Chatham, a short hop from the nearby HS1 station.
- 51-mile (82 km) route from London St Pancras to Faversham
- BR Class 395 EMU in Southeastern Highspeed ‘10th Anniversary‘ and ‘#Trainbow‘ liveries
- BR Class 375/9 EMU in Southeastern Dark Blue livery
- Highly detailed, feature-rich, driving cabs with accurate true-to-life performance and handling
- Authentic and detailed sound recordings, recorded from the real multiple units
- Journey Mode featuring over 24 hours of activities for you to master
- Accessible Training Modules and 5 detailed and engaging scenarios for the route
- Extensive 24-hour Timetable
- A selection of Route Tasks to complete
- Livery Designer and Scenario Planner compatible
- Powered by Dovetail Games’ proprietary SimuGraph vehicle dynamics engine and Unreal Engine 4 technology