Click to enlarge…

Also on ianVisits

Tagged with:

Whats's on in London: today or tomorrow or this weekend

14 comments on “Presenting…. the tube map for Christmas Day.
  1. I wish I was dead at Christmas says:

Do we really have nothing better to do than post pointed drivel!?

2. B says:

Ah, so the Thames line will be the only one open on Christmas. Thanks, shall plan my journey accordingly.

3. I like a sarcastic map myself.

I hope you recover from the cane nuisance soon, Ian, and have a lovely Christmas.

4. Long Branch Mike says:

The blank Tube map makes a brilliant point. Other major cities operate some form of major rail service on Christmas day – entertainment venues and restaurants are still operating, people want to visit friends and families.

Best wishes and improved health Ian, and thanks for the lovely blog!

5. Melvyn says:

The Bus Map would also be similar to this. Unless you go back in time to when some major bus routes used to run on Christmas Day until around 4 pm .

6. Maurice G Reed says:

I do hope some get given a sense of humour for Christmas. I think that map is bloody funny!

7. Antonio Rodríguez says:

English engineers are famed all around the world, but removing every single tube tunnel in December 24th and re-boring them again on December 26th breaks every known mark!

8. Nicholas Bennett says:

Well done Ian! Thank you for your weekly posts they are not only a mine of information but have enabled me to see some great exhibitions. Get well soon (I was in plaster followed by an air boot for 12 weeks this time last year so know what you are going through).

9. Gerry says:

And they tell us not to Drink and Drive…

10. Alex says:

Thanks Ian and Merry Xmas. Love your blog and please ignore the trolls 🙂

11. Steve Ehrlicher says:

Of course, the rest of England is open as usual. We just can’t get the news about this to London.
    Happier times in 2018.
    Ian – a great treat to read your blog, as ever.