A small garden laid out in two circles can be found near Canary Wharf that was created in memory of those who have worked on the Isle of Dogs.
Opened by the Queen Mother in 2001 it was the result of many years of campaigning by locals to block developers building on the site, which was once a row of houses, but was cleared in the post-war years.
Other than that, it’s been surprisingly difficult to find any information about it.
It’s well maintained though, and rather pleasing to pause in if taking a walk along the Westferry Road.
Location map and local interesting places
- 3] Man with Arms Open
- 4] Woman with Fish
- 5] Traffic Light Tree
- 6] The Sunbeam Weekly and the Pilgrim's Pocket
- 9] Mudchute City Farm
- 10] Museum of London Docklands
- 11] Cutty Sark
- 12] Discover Greenwich Visitor Centre
- 13] Brunel Museum
- 14] Old Royal Naval College
- 15] National Maritime Museum