The annual tradition of posting a different vintage image each day during advent, and this year, it’s of London’s old railway stations.
One of London’s many lost stations, Stanmore Village was opened as the terminus of a short spur line from Harrow & Wealdstone in 1890.
In 1932, the Metropolitan line opened a rival station closer to Stanmore town centre, which drew away most of the older station’s customers.
The station closed in 1952, and the line closed entirely in 1964. Today the railway line is a walking route, and the old Stanmore Village station is now a home, although with most of the decorative elements removed.