Layout maps of Kings Cross tube station

Ever get lost at King’s Cross tube station and wonder where all those tunnels and corridors really lead to? Well, wonder no more, for thanks to an FOI request, herewith find a collection of maps for that very same tube station.

Click on each for larger versions.

kings-cross-station-axonometric1

kings-cross-station-axonometric

kings-cross-station-entrances

kings-cross-station-proposed-entrances

kings-cross-station-victoria-line-access

Tagged with: ,

Whats's on in London: today or tomorrow or this weekend

13 comments on “Layout maps of Kings Cross tube station
  1. Mr Graverol says:

Are any more plans like this available?

2. Graham says:

Excellent. I thought these might show where the secret passageway halfway down the Northern Line lift shaft goes, but I guess then it wouldn’t be a secret anymore.

3. Peter says:

I had recently been cursing walking miles inside this station – these plans seem to indicate I could enter a different way and cut my walk! Just a little bit further on the street for a massive saving in tunnels!

4. Alan Fox says:

Interesting , I always feel resentful when entering via the “new” access up by the Thameslink platforms : it seems MILES to anywhere (probably is!)..this is not shown on these maps? . At least it confirms the best entrance for Victoria line is the Scala entrance.

5. Mike J says:

The most important things if using the Piccadilly are to exit via the signs to Northern Line which brings one up straight into the old ticket hall rather than a 100mile walk to St Pancras and also, if entering from Kings Cross forecourt, never follow the signs but just turn left as one used to and hey! there is a direct escalator to Piccadilly lines!

6. Josh says:

There’s 3D maps online as well, albeit probably a bit simplified.

7. geofftech says:

uh, if you buy my App (am i allowed to plug my App, Ian?) then i’ve drawn 3D maps of all – ALL – 270 tube stations. and yes, it shows all the ‘secret’ corridors on King’s Cross and all other stations …

8. Vicki says:

Not been able to figure out if there’s a shortcut from Victoria Line, even with maps. That newer diversion is such a long walk.

• Jo says:

I agree. The long tunnel to/from Victoria line and St Pancras International is appalling. Disappointingly, none of these maps are comprehensible to me. I keep making the same mistake, and the name Thameslink seems to have disappeared. Having missed a flight because of these changes, I now understand that trains to Gatwick or Luton airports could be described as “international”, but surely not Brighton or Sheffield.

9. vera says:

is there a shortcut between Northern Line and Metropolitan line in Kings X station?

• Jo says:

I don’t know if there’s a shortcut between the Northern line and the Metropolitan, but at least we can be sure that the Circle and Met lines run along Euston Road in a “ditch” not a tunnel. So I think the answer is always to head for the street level so you can see where you really are.

10. Graham says:

The map indicates a short cut from and to the Victoria line that I use to avoid the long walk. Persist and ye shall find.

11. Iynga says:

what is best way to get from Victoria line to International departures or east midland trains?