What's On in London Today
Get the Free weekly guide to what's on in London
What's On in London Calendar
Recent Blog Posts
- The British Library explores the dark arts of Propaganda
- A look around an empty office block in Victoria
- Steam trains to run along part of the Central Line in June
- How to get tickets to the 2013 Last Night of the Proms
- A few Crossrail construction site photos
- Public Tours of HMS Illustrious Next Weekend
- Tom Daley’s swimming trunks become a Museum artefact
- Cyclists wanted to test “Dutch Roundabouts”
- Thoughts about the Acid on the Jubilee Line
- 20 years ago – Queen announces public tours of Buckingham Palace
Posted on January 22, 2013 | 8 CommentsWhile a huge fusion reactor is being built in France to prove the technology, it is the UK that leads the development work - and their facility is open for public tours.
Posted on March 21, 2011 | No CommentsUnlike the nasty icky nuclear fission reactors in Japan that are dominating the news at the moment – nuclear fusion is nice cuddly stuff – well, nice and cuddly for...
Posted on November 18, 2009 | 3 CommentsJust had an email from the nuclear fusion research centre just outside Reading with the dates for their 2010 open evenings. The dates are: 19th May, 13th July, 15th September,...
Posted on March 28, 2009 | No CommentsJust received an update that an additional date has been added to the public tours of the JET fusion reactor near Oxford – for the evening of 17th June 2009....
Posted on November 14, 2008 | 6 CommentsDid you know that the world’s largest nuclear fusion reactor is based here in the UK – in fact, just outside Oxford? Well – it is. Before you worry about...