What's On in London Today
Free weekly guide to what's on in London
What's On in London Calendar
Recent Blog Posts
- The secret ticket that only works in one tube station
- TfL Tests Intelligent Pedestrian Crossing Technology
- Weekly round-up of London’s railway transport news
- See the Astonishing Interior of Two Temple Place
- Open days at the Transport Museum’s overflow warehouse
- Exhibition – The Brits who Built Modern Britain
- Paddington Bear movie trailer released
- A hidden oasis of calm next to Marble Arch
- Britain: One Million Years of the Human Story
- Praise for the new SouthBank Centre Website
baker street Archive
Posted on December 1, 2013 | No CommentsOne hundred years ago today, the process of linking up the tube railway with the city's main termini was completed with the extension of the Bakerloo Line to Paddington Station.
Posted on January 15, 2013 | 6 CommentsTo mark the 150th anniversary of the London Underground, what could be more fitting that to recreate the famous Baker Street Station from Lego? Well, lots of things probably, but this blog post is about Lego.
Posted on December 28, 2012 | 8 CommentsAs we edge ever closer to the 150th anniversary of the opening of the world's first underground railway which is now just a couple of weeks away, it might be interesting to review of the newspaper reports about how the construction of the railway progressed up to that momentous date.
Posted on January 12, 2008 | 2 CommentsThe corner of Oxford Street and Tottenham Court Road is a place of considerable crush and bustle thanks to the very narrow pavement, tube entrance and market stalls trying to […]