Search the website
What's On in London Today
Free weekly guide to what's on in London
What's On in London Calendar
Recent Blog Posts
- 9 minutes of Canary Wharf in 1996
- Find the Tyburn Stone
- Euston Station to be Refurbished
- Timetable for a bus route to an abandoned village
- Most reproduced photo ever goes on display
- Weekly round-up of London’s railway transport news
- Enduring War: Grief, Grit and Humour
- Rare opening of a Roman Bathhouse in London
- Upminster Windmill gets restoration funding
- London Underground lays on trains for beer drinkers
baker street Archive
Posted on December 1, 2013 | No CommentsOne hundred years ago today, the process of linking up the tube railway with the city's main termini was completed with the extension of the Bakerloo Line to Paddington Station.
Posted on January 15, 2013 | 6 CommentsTo mark the 150th anniversary of the London Underground, what could be more fitting that to recreate the famous Baker Street Station from Lego? Well, lots of things probably, but this blog post is about Lego.
Posted on December 28, 2012 | 8 CommentsAs we edge ever closer to the 150th anniversary of the opening of the world's first underground railway which is now just a couple of weeks away, it might be interesting to review of the newspaper reports about how the construction of the railway progressed up to that momentous date.
Posted on January 12, 2008 | 2 CommentsThe corner of Oxford Street and Tottenham Court Road is a place of considerable crush and bustle thanks to the very narrow pavement, tube entrance and market stalls trying to […]