Search the website
What's On in London Today
Free weekly guide to what's on in London
What's On in London Calendar
Recent Blog Posts
- Weekly round-up of London’s railway transport news
- Queen Anne is Dead
- This Friday — visit the Clown’s Museum in Dalston
- Steam trains return to the London Underground this weekend
- How Charing Cross railway station was nearly demolished
- 50 years of the modern London Borough Council
- Final concrete ring cast for Crossrail tunnels
- Shuffle Festival in a Cemetery
- Start preparing for the Heritage Open Days
- Open Day Tours of the Eurotunnel terminal
baker street Archive
Posted on December 1, 2013 | No CommentsOne hundred years ago today, the process of linking up the tube railway with the city's main termini was completed with the extension of the Bakerloo Line to Paddington Station.
Posted on January 15, 2013 | 6 CommentsTo mark the 150th anniversary of the London Underground, what could be more fitting that to recreate the famous Baker Street Station from Lego? Well, lots of things probably, but this blog post is about Lego.
Posted on December 28, 2012 | 8 CommentsAs we edge ever closer to the 150th anniversary of the opening of the world's first underground railway which is now just a couple of weeks away, it might be interesting to review of the newspaper reports about how the construction of the railway progressed up to that momentous date.
Posted on January 12, 2008 | 2 CommentsThe corner of Oxford Street and Tottenham Court Road is a place of considerable crush and bustle thanks to the very narrow pavement, tube entrance and market stalls trying to […]